Oracle recommends using the scripts, $ORACLE_HOME/ldap/bin/hiqpurge.sh (or hiqretry.sh) but I wasn’t able to get these to work even after modifying as indicated on metalink. I was able to do the following and then confirmed with Oracle Support that this was correct.
Log in to the Database (Replica DB) as ODS user:
Determine what we are dealing with (I wanted to see what columns were in the table)
1. sqlplus ods/password List columns in asr_chg_log:
2. describe asr_chg_log List Records in asr_chg_log:
How many entries are in the HI queue: (there were zero rows in the master and 19 in the replica)
3. select chg_no, orclguid, chg_seq, retry_cnt from asr_chg_log; Delete entries whose RETRY_CNT is -1 (which means they are in the HIQ):
4. delete from asr_chg_log where RETRY_CNT = ‘-1’;
Restart OID (on both nodes: master and replica)
1. opmnctl stop
2. opmnctl start Use ODM to make change in master.
Confirm by watching for change in Replica.